Bonewhispering Classes 2020
Dates for classes
- Introductory workshop; Sept 26
- Legs workshop-Oct 17-18
- Pelvis- Now 14-15
- Pelvis 2 thoracic-Jan 9-10
- Head neck and shoulders Feb 20-21
Class maximum 12 students
Cost-$100 per weekend
These classes are offered to give practitioners a basic education in the skills of Bonewhispering.
They are designed not to supplant other expertise but rather to add a fascinating and valuable tool. Over the past 17 years Bonewhispering has matured to encompass systems throughout the body. It is as effective working on the cranium as it is powerful with the extremities, thorax and pelvis. For those with other training, the techniques will help to release deep seated bone spasms to enable wonderful skills like cranial sacral, visceral manipulation, deep tissue, Feldenkrais, and others. It is truly amazing how often pain has its origins within the bones themselves.
- We begin with the legs to develop our skill with bones on the most straightforward body section. The first weekend will begin with the axioms of Bonewhispering but quickly move to hands on practical. Bonewhispering focuses on healing serious injuries. By the time this first class is over, you will have tools to heal pain in the ankles knees and feet.
- For the second section, the thorax and pelvis, two weekends are dedicated. This area is complex; healing the heart and other organs in addition to the spine and pelvis. In it we will learn to relieve back injuries, pelvic imbalances(and hips) and begin to unravel the role of organs. Further on we will plunge into unwrapping the ribs from their relationship to the organs; a much needed and overlooked area. Finally we will undo the conundrum of the anterior longitudinal ligament and it relationship to mediastinum space(and the epidemic of forceps injuries). Each unwinding of a mystery is accompanied by a practical technique.
- The final section, arms, shoulders and neck, includes techniques for the thumb, wrist, elbow, shoulder upper back, neck and cranium. Almost all injuries find their way to the shoulders,neck and head. The wonderful mysteries of the arm will be explored; triceps, biceps and deep tissue impacting the shape of the bones in the elbow and forearm. Everything will be brought back to the movement and shape of the bones in their relationship to the muscles and fasciae with emphasis on relieving people’s pain and injury.
Who will be successful at this workshop:
Bonewhispering favors those who have a feel for deep tissue. In my viewpoint, bones are just really thick fascia. If you have developed the part of your brain which feels the complex spider-like web of fascia, then that skill transfers to bone spasms. To be truthful, this is not a beginners course. You simply must have the basic sensitivity of touch or you will be lost in the complex world of bones. That being said, anyone who has worked with bodies as a hands on therapist will be experienced in the feel of fascia. I also know determination and personality type play an important part in persisting with any job. Bonewhispering requires some grit. You will quickly have people in your practice who have heard you can do powerful things. In reality, if you are a professional now, you already have those people coming to you. But this work will fill your practice and bring you more. You will fail sometimes, as I fail sometimes, but the practitioners who develop in this helping work are those who keep at it. I am open to someone with a little less experience who will get up off the floor and learn something. This work also favors those with an open field. Because it has to do with vibration, meditators and those who have strived to raise their consciousness thrive.
Lastly, please no tourists. I am only interested in people with working practices. To develop your ability with bones, you need to have your hands on people. Even the basics of this work can help an untold number of patients. My only interest here is to get this work out and help those living crippled lives. It is astounding how many people suffer for decades with problems as simple as a twisted bone. Also required is a current license to do hands on work in Washington
Interstitiums and Biotensegrity
As bodyworkers we face the complexity of the human body and its unknowns.
Two unknowns which cripple us are Biotensegrity and Interstitiums
Biotensegrity is the true organizing principle of the body; we are not machines; joints float and expand, spines lift from fluid pressure.
Interstitiums, a new organ discovered in the past year, support the spine and connect the spine to the organs. It is the 2nd largest organ in the body (after skin)
Every difficult patient we have has a breakdown in tensegrity related to fluid pressure and usually from spasms in the Interstitium. Failing to heal this malady we constantly fail, not because of lack of skill but lack of knowledge.
It is impossible to fix a complicated upper thorax problem without understanding how biotensegrity relates to interstitiums.
In this workshop learn how to;
- To identity the process of biotensegrity in the body
- How to use pump action in the joints to reestablish tensegrity and relieve the pain associated with the loss spasms of Interstitiums
- How to use the expansive action of Biotensegrity to heal Interstitiums
Interstitiums Class: Sept. 28, 9:30 to 5:00; cost $100, Seattle; further training will continue with four weekend classes in the fall